We live in a world where the majority of families are not happy and are broken up. The integrity and togetherness of families are under threat due to technological advances, social medias, and lack of biblical guidance. If that is the case of your family then there is something very simple that you are not doing, your family is not under the control of God, better yet your family has yet to be submitted to the Lord. In order to do that, there are some principles that your family should be aware of and start practicing in order to receive the blessing of the Lord. These are the principles any families who wish to be happy must adhere to in order to receive blessings from the Lord.
What God expects from the husband
- First, a husband must love and respect his wife. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her. Ephesians 5:25.
- Second, a husband must not get mad and must forgive his wife when she makes a mistake. Colossians 3:19, Mattieu 6:12, 14, 15.
- Third, a husband must honor his wife. 1 Peter 3:7.
- Fourth, a husband must be faithful to his wife. Matthew 19:6, Proverbs 5:15-21, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 7:3-5.
What God expects from the wife
- First, the wife must know that the husband is her leader. 1 Corinthians 11:3.
- Second, the wife must respect her husband even when he commits an error, she must cooperate with him. She can opinionate but must do so in a respectful manner. 1 Peter 3:1-6, Ephesians 5:33.
- Third, a wife must take care of her family. Titus 2:4-5.
- Fourth, a wife must keep her marriage vows. 1Corinthians 7:10-11.
What God expects from the parents
- First, parents must love God and teach their children about God. Deuteronomy 6: 4-9.
- Second, parents must protect their children against the devil, people who may wish to do them harm and must be careful as to the type of people they let their children interact with. 1 Peter 5:8.
- Third, parents must be aware of what they talk about in front of their children. Proverb 12:18.
- Fourth, parents must teach their children obedience just as Jesus obeyed the Father.Jean 8:28-29.
- Fifth, parents must not make their children mad. Ephesians 6:4.
What God expects from the children
- First, children must be obedient towards their parents even when it is very difficult. Ephesians 6:1-3, Proverbs 1:8, 6:20, 23:22-25.
- Second, children must not be foolish and beware of the people they interact with. Proverbs 17:21, 25, 1 Corinthians 15:33.
When you all follow the principles given from the Bible, then the family can dodge many problems thus will have happiness. If you are a husband, you must love your wife and show her love; you must lead your family in an upright manner. If you are a wife, you must respect your husband and be submissive towards him. If you are parents, you must teach your children about God, and if you are a child you must obey your parents. No one is made perfect, when one of you commit a mistake then forgiveness must be shown just as the Father forgives us all. Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:13, Matthew 6:14.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!